10-12 Love Lane Pinner Middlesex HA5 3EF
020 8429 1010
020 8429 8444

Cohabitation Breakdown

We can advise as to respective claims of former cohabitants on the breakdown of their relationship.

Unlike the separation of a married couple or on divorce, there is no power to seek maintenance from a former cohabitant.

There are obligations on unmarried parents to provide child support maintenance for the children of the relationship, either through the Child Support Agency/Child Maintenance Service or by application to the Court under the Children Act. We can advise on such matters.

Claims may be pursued in relation to property in circumstances in which property is jointly owned or, if the property is owned by one former cohabitant, if there has been an agreement that the other will have an interest in the property or the other cohabitant has contributed towards the acquisition of the property. This is a complicated area involving the Law of Trusts and we will fully advise as to possible claims that you may have in the light of your circumstances.

It is also possible to pursue claims for capital to meet the financial needs of children.

Getting in touch

Speak to us in confidence. We guarantee discreet specialist, friendly and professional advice.

020 8429 1010